Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Yey! New layout!

At last, after months of blogskin-hunting, I already found one. :)

I really liked my previous blog layout--I love brown and pink combination--but after sometime, I grew tired of it and decided I should get a new one. Thus, the start of my search for a new layout.

It took me a pretty lot of time until I found something that I like. I was even torn between two blogskins but in the end, I decided to use this one.

I excitedly paste the layout code in my blog template and it looks good. So I edited the parts that need editing.

But I had problems with the code. It was so complex that I couldn't understand some of the it. It is a complex CSS code and I am not so knowledgeable in it because we only studied basic HTML. (I just learned some CSS on blog layout codes.)

I had trouble adding "sections" at the sides. Changing the tagboard is also a pain; I was planning to put my previous cbox but it wouldn't do. I signed up in cbox.ws and try to embed the cbox that I made ut it still had some problems. So at the end, I just gave up and use the original tagboard of the layout, although it has messages already (and continue to have from unknown users).

I also couldn't fix the comment page. Actually, it was Seru-chan (Kriselle) who helped me put the comment page in my previous layout.

Aaah. This is getting on my nerves already. Finally, I asked some help by sending GMs through text and to my contact list in YM.

Yatta! Seru-chan responded to my GM in YM. Yey! I asked her this and that, until finally she asked me if I could send her the blog code. I sent her the revised one--the one that I've already edited--and told her the things I wanted to change and add. Nilubos co na ang kanyang kabutihang-loob and asked if she could add the comment page.

Kriselle is sooo kind. I was even kinda shy and hesitant to ask help form her because she already helped me out in my previous layout. I was worried that I'm becoming a burden or disturbance to her (her status in YM is busy), but she kindly assured me it's okay. She told me that she could use the code to learn more on CSS because the layout in I:U needs to be changed.

Because she had limited time in the computer that day, she asked me if she could have the layout as her "assignment". I gladly said yes.

I continued studying and modifying the code like changing the color and size and still trying to figure out how to add section and change the tagboard.

Grabe! Hanga aco sa gumawa ng layout na ito! Ang tyaga niya dahil pati yung mismong pictures e mai code pa.

The next day, after I woke up from my nap (because I came from our swimming and was so tired), I opened the computer to edit the code again. I was about to check my Yahoo! Inbox when Kriselled PMed me, asking if I already recieved the new code she sent to me. I found it and quickly pasted it in my template, thanking Kriselle repeatedly.

I just edited some more and tada! Here is my new layout!

I can't get enough of thanking Kriselle for all the trouble she had in helping me out with my blog. She's so kind, helping ignorant person such as me. Hehe.. To think we aren't personally acquianted with each other; we just met in Imagination Unleashed forums. But she still helped me. Tuloi, I feel that I owe her a lot. And as a sign of my gratitude, I included her in the credits section. (See "Credits" at the right.)

Thank you so much, Seru-chan! I don't know how to thank you. I don't know what to do without your help. Basta, if you need my help, just PM me. I would gladly help if I can.

The appearance of my blog in IE still sucks. So if you use Internet Explorer, please use Mozilla Firefox instead. Magkakapatong kasi yung mga sections na nasa bandang baba.

I am thinking to change the image above. I would like to change it to my picture with " ♥ banat ni nene ;]" written on it. But I still don't know how to use Photoshop, just the basic ones. Perhaps I could ask someone to help me. Again. Haha.

No comments: