Friday, August 21, 2009

Exams and Other Random Things

Bloody exams are over. But I don't think I will get high scores for my First Quarterly Exams. For goodness' sake, they're hard. Plus the fact that I didn't even reviewed. Really, no kidding. I didn't reviewed my lessons. I just browsed my notes, but I couldn't call that as "review".

So yeah, I'm not hoping for high scores. I wouldn't be hoping for a 90 average this grading period. I was aiming for a 90 or something average this school year, but I have to say goodbye on that this quarter. I think I won't be the top 1 in our section this grading period. Not that I really hoped, but of course, I also wished that I will be.

The thing I am holding on is my recitations, and I just hope my teachers remember that when they start computing our grades. x)

Geez, I sounded.. greedy for grades. Gahaman na ba aco sa grades ngayon? Medyo siguro. Pero hindi naman aco bitter. Haha. Okay lang naman sa'kin kung merong mas mataas sa'kin basta karapat-dapat lang ang grades na ibibigay sa'kin, kuntento na aco dun. I'm just going to do better next quarter, I promise that. I'm promising that to you, blog, and I'm going to put that promise in here so I'll always remember it when I read this post. =D

**

After exams, Steni and I went to Jette's house. It was actually pre-planned. Ang paalam co nga kay Mama, may practice kami sa Music e. Haha. Ang bad co!

Ang arte pa nga nun ni Jette e, one week din acong inasar hindi na daw tuloy. Gusto lang sigurong magpa-kulit nun. Haha!

But Jette already bought the ingredients for the carbonara that we're going to cook days before kaya alam cong echos niya lang iyon. At sa hinaba-haba ng plano, kaming tatlo lang rin pala ang matutuloy. XD At si Alexa din, nasasama din pala.

Kaya kami-kami ang magkakasama nung uwian. Kaso, may meeting pa si Steni because she's a S4 in CAT, and I don't know if Jette has a meeting too. Sabi co kay Jette, mauna na kami para mailuto na yung carbonara, but we end up waiting for the two. Steni's meeting ended after a few minutes--mas matagal pa nga yung pag-ikot-ikot namin kaysa sa meeting nila--and Alexa told us to go ahead at susunod na lang siya.

After buying some few stuff, we headed to Jette's house. We cooked creamy carbonara for our lunch and toasted bread, then watch the American version of The Grudge 2.

Hindi nga masaydong nakakatakot e. Kami ni Jette natatawa-tawa lang sa palabas, si Steni naman super tili. Mukang ewan lang, tinatakot yung sarili. 8D

Nagkayayaan kaming pumunta sa Treats matapos manuod. Dahil nagpalit aco ng damit (maong pants + t-shirt), I couldn't wear my school shoes with those dahil ang jologs co naman. Steni borrowed the slippers of Jette's father, while I borrowed Jette's. At dahil malaki si Jette, I looked like a walking duck because of the big slippers.

Super init, grabe! Kaya naman nag-McFloat kami. And we discovered Jette's habit and we imitated him. Grabe, nakakahiya kami!

We went back to Jette's house and Steni played a computer game. We went home at 5:15. Haha. Ang awesome din ng araw co because I spent time with my new friends. : )

**

Last Monday, Ms. Bulilan (our Filipino teacher) saw me while we were waiting for Apple. Mag-uuwian na nun, e sabay-sabay nga kaming lumalabas ng school.

When Ms. Bulilan walked pass me, she patted my head (actually my bangs), and said to me, "Ang ganda pala ng boses mo, Ivy."

I smiled sheepishly at her. After thinking why she said that, I assumed she heard me sing in the mass last Saturday.

Wala lang, natuwa lang aco sa sinabi ni Miss. Kahit pa siguro nasabi niya lang 'yon out of nothing, the compliment made me smile.

I was actually thinking of "pursuing" my singing. I would like to join a singing contest or present in school or something. A lot of people tell me to sing on stage, but I always said that solo singing is not for me.

I am the kind of person who stands out in singing (or even in other things) when in groups. Pero 'pag aco na lang, wala na. Katulad na lang nung nangyari nung Foundation Day. Disaster talaga yung performance co dahil paos aco nun. I was really depressed after that that I almost swear I wouldn't sing again.

But singing is my life. This is God's gift for me. I know I am not as good as Regine Velasquez or what, but I am somewhat ggod in my own way. Though I use this talent in serving Him, I want this talent to grow. And I wouldn't let those failures serve as a hindrance. Though I am still scared, I want to try.

No comments: