Monday, May 18, 2009

Psalm

May 16, 2009; Saturday

White blouse? Check.

White skirt? Check.

White sandals? Check.

White earrings? Check.

Everyone seem to look at me as I walk on the street. I just smiled and shook my head. Doesn't these people haven't seen a girl wearing an all white outfit yet?

Yes, I was in an all white outfit. All white. I made sure I paired my accessories to my dress. And jeez, I cannot help but laugh at myself, too. I look a member of Iglesia ni Kristo. LOL. But because I am not the kind of person who get embarrassed easily, I held my chin up high and continued walking.

I couldn't keep myself from smiling as I eneter the school grounds. Even the guards were gawking at me.

It was then that Remo saw me. They were at the stage.

"Yan na si Ivy!"

"Whoo!! They clapped ang cheered. Yes, it was silly and childish, but I was still laughing, shaking my head. These people. I thought.

"Deboto!" (They're constantly teasing me this since I wore a red sacramental that old chrch women wear wehn I played the role of Sisa.)

"Aling Dionisa!"

"Yii! Magsasalmo siya!"

Yes, that's the reason why I'm wearing this kind of outfit. I'm going to sing the Psalm.

Since I joined the Glee Club when I was in first year, we never sang the Psalm. It was just recited by the lector. But because we're the only choir in our parish who doesn't sing the Psalm. And I was the one to sing, since I am the President of the Glee Club.

But I've been having severe cough for weeks. I even got paos for a couple of days. My falsetto is falling, too. But I'm determined to sing, though I don't expect that much that I will sing THAT beautiful.

Adrian, Arbu, and Jaymiriz who were common sighs were there. Ponce was the only girl until I came. And surprisingly, Remo attended.

All of them were wearing [plain] white shirt except Ponce. And they looked clean. Handsome, even.

"Ang cute naman, talagang nakaputi kayo. Ang gugwapo niyo naman tingnan, promise!" I squealed. Well, that's me. A person who give compliments and voice out her thoughts.

"Oo nga e, ikaw muka ka talagang deboto. Para kang si Aling Dionisa! Haha!" Okray na naman sa'kin. And the four boys continued teasing and laughing at my outfit.

Well, it was a new thing to me. I mean, waering such dress and looking like a conservative, manang-like girl. Muka acong matimtimang birhen, they said. Etou, they're used to my out-of-ordinary outfits. And now, here is a province girl-like Ivy!

At around 3:15, Sir Bautista came together with Bau.

"O, nasan na misalette?" He asked us. We looked at each other. Oh, I forgot about that!

"Bumili ka!" Eday said.

But I didn't know where I could buy one so Eday decided to come with me. Ablay followed, then Remo and JayJay.

unfinished..

No comments: