Friday, October 2, 2009

Grades and Headaches

Cards' Giving Day

Thursday (October 1) was our not-so-expected cards' giving day. It was supposedly on Monday, but since classes was suspended, it was moved.

It wasn't that exciting or dreadful. I mean, we didn't really expect that our cards would be given that day, so we have no time to be excited or to dread.

The Top 10 honors of the star sections were announced before our cards were given. Adrian wasn't around because of TOBS and because Dizon always saying he is Adrian's "twin", Mrs. Suinan jokingly called him to be Eday's proxy. We were all laughing over that loudly that I got a special mention from Sir Cejero over the microphone. Ugh. Palibhasa ako yung kitang-kita kaya ako lang ang nasita e. @_@

After the announcement of the star sections' top 10, we back to our room. After some minutes of waiting, Mr. Dela Torre distributed our card. Really, I wasn't that nervous, just a little anxious about my grades, especially in Math and Physics.

Almost everyone got a low grade in English. Well, it was expected, because Mrs. Lopena was really mad with us at the first quarter (though I must say she’s changing, huh? Ü). Jette and Jayson’s grades were okay, as well as Steni’s. So when my turn came to get my card, I didn’t look at it right away and waited until I reached my seat. When I finally looked at it, I flashed a grin because I got somewhat good grades. My lowest was EP (84), and I was contented with the rest.

Until Jayson borrowed my card to look at the grades. And he said that my Physics was 81. 81!? WTF!? I though he was joking or what so I immediately grabbed my report card from him. And the grade I saw in my Physics really weakened me.

Science: 81

Really, I didn’t know what I happened on my grade in Physics. My monthly exam was okay; I think I was the highest or one of the highest on that. And although I didn’t get high score in my quarterly exam, it wasn’t that low either. I always recite too, and my quizzes were, well, okay. The only setback was my notebook, which I passed late, and my seatworks (I think), which I barely seriously do.

Wala, break the record ako. Last year, I got my lowest ever since I started schooling, and that was in my Geometry under Ms. Macasaddu. 82. Now, I got an even lower grade than that. Physics: 81.

Pero hindi naman ako ganun “nagdamdam” dun. I mean, Mrs. Suinan is really an awesome teacher. Really, she’s one of my favorites. And I know that the grade she had given to me was the grade she thinks that I deserve. Kung siguro e hindi siya magaling magturo o mainit ang ulo niya sa’kin, magrereklamo pa ako. Pero wala naman akong maiaangal sa kanya. I learned many things from her, and she treats me nicely. Sabi ko nga, okay lang yun. Kasi, aanhin ko naman ang mataas na grade na alam ko naman wala akong natutunan di ba?

So, this was my grade for the First Quarter:

Religion IV: 91
Filipino IV: 89
English IV: 87
Mathematics: 87
Science IV: 81
MAKABAYAN: 88
AP IV: 87
TLE IV: 89
MAPEH: 90
EP IV: 84
CAT: Passed
Computer IV: 88

It wasn’t that high. I got only two line of 9. T_T I was surprised to get an 87 in Math; I was expecting 84 or 85. I think I was the highest in English since Jayson and the others got 83 or something in it. Most of my grades were line of eight, but I was pretty much contented with it. Para sa’kin, okay lang na hindi kataasan ang grade ko ng First Quarter, kaysa naman bumulusok the next quarters. At least, tataas o maintain na lang ang grades ko.

On our EP time, the top 10 were announced. Jayson was the fourth, I was the third, Steni was the second, and Jette was the first. Todo kantyaw nga kami kay Jette e. He got an average of 89 something. Ako 88 point something; points lang din ang nilaman ni Steni.

Actually, saying talaga yun si Jette. Magaling naman, napakamahiyain lang at hindi nagrerecite. Sayang lang tuloy ang grade. Kahit alam niya, hindi siya sumasagot o masyadong nagpapartcipate sa klase. Kaya nga parati kong nakakatyawan e.

Okay lang naman ang ranking ko sa klase. I was really after good grades, not good rank. Kahit naman mababa ang ranking ko, basta maayos ang grade ko, ayos lang. Naku, yung Science lang talaga humatak sa grades ko e! Super pull! Pero okay lang, si Mrs. Suinan naman yun e. Bawi na lang siguro ako. c:

First Friday Mass and English Month’s Culminating Activity

As usual, we served at the choir for the mass. I didn’t eat breakfast, and my head was throbbing a little when I got to school. Actually, rosary pa lang medyo nahihilo na ako.

Ang echos nga kasi nag-solo pa ako sa isang kanta sa first mass kaya nakantyawan pa ako ng mga kaklase ko nung bumalik ako sa room para magbihis. Culminating activity din kasi sa English e. When the second mass started, my head really hurts. My surrounding was spinning and I was feeling dizzy kaya napaupo ako. Hindi na ulit ako nakatayo kasi sobrang nahihilo na ako. Na-touch naman ako because my choirmates showed concern to me. Umalalay na lang ako sa kanila. Inalalayan pa ako ni Ablay at Remo papuntang school.

Nagsimula na kaming mag-ayos for the culminating activity. I was even somewhat irked inside kasi parang ako lang talaga yung officer na gumagalaw during the whole month. Nakakaasar kaya. Parati na lang ako yung gumagawa ng paraan. I’m not implying something here, nabu-bwisit lang talaga ako.

Pagkatapos ng culminating activity at around 3 o’clock, in-announced na tuloy ang Field Trip Monday. Ugh. Nag-uwian ng maaga, pero sabi k okay Ayyah punta kami sa kanila. Sumama din si Lea. We watched the movie ‘Up’. Umuwi rin ng maaga si Lea, at sumunod na rin ako after a few minutes kaya hindi na rin naming natapos yung pinapanood. I just borrowed the DVD.

Ang daya pa nga ng driver ng jeep na nasakyan ko pag-uwi, hanggang sa boundary lang ako binaba. Kadugaan e. At dahil sinumpong ako ng kakuriputan, nilakad ko na lang paauwi sa’min. Haha.

2 comments:

solarhalfbreed said...

Congratulations ^.^ Just be thankful that your Physics grade was still in a line of 8 XDD

~chibivy ♥ said...

@Louise:

Oo nga. I didn't know what I will do if I happen to get a line of seven grade. T____T