Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Accomplishment

March 19, 2009

English time. As soon as Mrs. Lopena entered the room, she told me that Mr. Luna asked for me and is waiting for me.

I wondered what he needs on me and suddenly felt nervous. It's not something bad, is it?

I went out and saw Mr. Luna on the veranda beside the internet room. He motioned me to come. I walked toward him.

And he told me (in tagalog!) that there would be a seminar in Los BaƱos about the campus journalism.

And I would be competing in Feature writing English! Yay!

I'm so happy because I finally got out of being stuck in Sports Writing. I'm not really good in Sports, 'yanno? And the three years that I was a Sports Editor was so unreproductive. I think there's a better chance of me winning in Feature writing. Not that I am so good in Feature--all I know about it was it is a free writing, seriously--but at least, it's easier for me to handle that than Sports.

I learned that Ayyah would be competiting for Feature writing Tagalog. :)

But the conflict is, the seminar is on Saturday and our first Saturday mass this school year is on that same day. I even told the glee club to attend on that day, and look, I might not be able to attend at all. Too bad.

But still, I am happy.

---

Dismissal time. I saw Ayyah and she was in glowing mood because she would be a part in the presscon. But she probably didn't know her category because she was surprised when I told her and she almost bounced in happiness. Haha! We're both jumping in joy.

When we went to the main building, she told me that I was the Feature editor. I didn't know that, and I learned that the result for what we did last monday has come out. I excitedly went to the news room and squealed and jumped when I saw my number (#5) on the Feature editor!

Waaaah! I'm so super happy! I didn't expect that I would be the Feature editor; I was thinking that I would be just a Feature writer since I just switched on that category. But look! I, who didn't know anything about Feature writing, managed to be the editor! Waw!

I feel so accomplished! I wish I would do good in presscon and be reproductive in The Gatekeeper. ^^

No comments: