Monday, June 29, 2009

Scary Experience

March 27, 2009; Saturday

The supposedly seminar in Los Baños today was canceled because Mrs. Escobin is sick. Which means that the copyreaders and photographers won't be oriented about their field in the preparation for the press conference, and that I won't be learning desktop publishing in which I am greatly interested to learn. Therefore, we have to attend our first CAT training.

The CAT training had actually started last week, but because we were in Los Baños during that time, we were excused. But I have to go to school today, even I still wanted to curl up in bed.

I may not sound like it, but I feel kinda excited for CAT. It's just... I don't want to wake up early during Saturdays.

My intrams t-shirt was too big for me so it felt awkward when I tucked it in my pants. Ablay and other CAT officers were on the fate and they didn't allow me to get in until I put on a bocnai (don't know the spelling XD) because I was just on a ponytail. Sheesh, I think that that little bocnai couldn't hold my super thick and long hair in place.

I approached Ginnique and Ayyah to ask about the registration thingy when I saw them a few minutes after I lined up. We went to St. Basil's room to complete the registration, and the three of us would be in the HQ company, as many had assumed.

The next minutes was full of lectures about the commands. Darap, puluton, tuluyang bilang, harap sa kanan... There were pretty much of them, and though I sometimes make mistakes in executing the commands, I was kinda enjoying it. Amoranto is our platoon leader and Gaban is the tactical leader. They say we're the "nicest" platoon, anyway. Well, were the only girls in the first battalion--the rest were boys--and it would be a shame if we're more stubborn than them.

Before the training ended, every platoon executed the commands while the others are watching. All of us were nervous, but we managed to perform well. Not just "well", but our platoon was the best to perform in the battalion. Haha..

We were dismissed. I don't feel like going home yet, and Ayyah, Remo, Ginnique and I stayed at the locker area.

And sh*t, Remo striked again! This is the second time, actually. Darn it! And he just kept on laughing at it! Mou..

I went home at eleven and slept right away without eating my lunch. I was so tired! And when I woke up at 2pm, an awful dysmenorrhea started kickin' in. Ack, it was too painful that I thought I wouldn't be able to attend the choir. I was writhing in pain, literally.

But would I let a stupid dysmenorrhea defeat me? Of course not! Determined to attend the choir, I forced myself to get up and took a hot bath even it was a hot, sticky day to ease the annoying pain. Good thing it worked a little.

I was disappointed when I reached the school. Only Tan was there, even though it's past three already. Psh. I told them repetitively to go to school at 3pm!

We waited for the others. When the members who reviewed for the UPCAT came, the stage was filled with buzzing noise. And Eday was on his hyper mode again. Sheesh.

Dismayed and annoyed to those members who didn't attend, I started the practice. Grr. Just wait for what I am going to do with them. (Aah, kala mo sinong istrikto!)

At 5:00, we went to the church. I told the lector that we will sing the response in the Psalm. Just the response, and not the verses, and he agreed, telling it to other lectors.

I managed to do the high ending again, but our song was... not so good. It's not that awful, but it was... close to that, I think. Worse, we were singing without accompaniment. And the misalette I have has a wrong Psalm on it. Good thing the lectore probably forgotten we will sing the Psalm response and she went on reciting it. But still...

A bad girl as I am, I didn't listened on the Gospel and instead went on chatting with Eday and the others, talking about future plans. Adrian was asking for our opinions on which UP campus he will write on the second choice. We told him to write UPLB but after weighing his options, he ended up in Baguio.

He said he's considering to be a teacher, just like me. And he would like to teach in LDSP, just like my plan. He would probably teach Math or English, and I would be teaching English as well. Remo would be taking up B.A. Filipino and Ayyah an English-related course, and are planning to teach, too. Yay! We might even be co-teachers someday! But Remo and Ayyah would like to teach in MunSci.

Well, those are just plans. It might come true, it might not. But I will try my best to be a teacher, really, and I want it in Liceo de San Pedro! =D

There was something scary on the next minutes.

Before the Kordero, I saw a lay minister without his head on! Seriously! Geez, what is that?! Honestly, HE DOESN'T HAVE HIS HEAD ON! I mumbled that to Gerad, but he didn't completely got it.

I tried telling that to him again after the Kordero, and the others heard it too, but we had no chance to talk about it because we have to sing the Kordero.

"Walang ulo yung lay minister kaning pagkakita co!" I told them again while we were walking towards our chairs, and their faces' expressions were like O_O and WTF!?

Actually, I was not frightened when I saw that, just a little nervous, but seeing their faces turning frightened and scared and shocked and saying "Hala.." I got pretty nervous. Adrian;'s face was red and he was quiet suddenly. After few seconds, he started telling in a panicky voice that he saw another lay minister without a head. NOW WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!? Those who were on our side was dumbfounded and frightened. WHAT ON EARTH IS HAPPENING!?

As soon as the mass ended, everyone wanted to go down immediately, but we offered a prayer before going down. Sheesh..

Jeez, what is happening!? Was it just our imagination or are we getting nuts or it's just some crappy superstition?

I don't believe in those stupid superstitions, really. Maybe it was just our imagination or what. My belief in those things is, "Kaya hindi umuunlad ang Pilipinas dahil sa pamahiin."

But seeing them so frightened, I was carried away started becoming nervous too. I shouldn't have said it. Damn eyes, why are you showing these things to me? Ack!

The other choir members probably told some of the St. Basil what had happened, and they kept on convincing us to tell to the lay minister. I kept on disagreeing, telling them that the lay minister might get scared or they might think that the LDSP Glee Club is playing a prank on them. But Ginnique insisted because the priest was just nearby, and we finally told them about it.

Fr. John just gave us advice and assured us that nothing will happen as long as we have faith in God. We prayed after that, and he told us to just forget it.

Yes. Yes. It is just my stupid imagination!!

After that, we went to 7-eleven. Oh great. Forgetting, right? But I couldn't just take it away from my head, thinking about it over and over if there's something wrong with my eyesight and stupid imagination.

Oh yeah, I should forget about it. I was just a superstition, and I am not the kind of person who easily believes in those kind of crappy fiction. My day was pretty satisfying, anyway just erase that scary experience and it is perfect!

No comments: