Monday, June 1, 2009

Choir. (I can't give a proper title to this)

May 30, 2009; Saturday


It was Saturday and as usual, we're the choir. I anxiously watched the rain as I wait for the others to come.

Mapraning-praning na aco kahihintay. It's already 3:30 in the afternoon, yet I'm still the only person in the school gate. Dang.

I didn't expect that many will attend (we've never been many anyway), nor for Sir Bautista to attend due to the bad, abnormal weather. But still, I didn't imagine that I would be the only one to attend.

I assured myself with the thought that Arbu, our ever-diligent member, will attend, though I’m having doubts about it. When suddenly, I saw Jaymiriz coming.

If it’s possible for me to see my face, I would’ve seen how it lit up. Hay salamat. I sighed.

After some few minutes, Abru came. Then, Ablay. I feel relieved somehow.

I was expecting that Eday will attend; though he didn’t guarantee that he will, I’m pretty sure he will come because I know he won’t have to go anywhere because of activities. (So much for being an active student.)

But Ablay said he won’t likely to come.

Great. So we’re going to be the only choir then. A choir composed of four members, with only one girl (again). Great. Just so great.

Because of boredom, we talked about almost everything. The upcoming opening of classes, even the Influenza A (H1N1) and Hayden Kho’s video scandals. Haha!

Because I forgot the copy of our songs’ lyrics at home, umuwi muna aco. Dinaanan co si Jasmin who, fortunately, I was able to persuade to attend. Dinaanan co din sa bahay si Adrian, pero wala na daw siya, o wala pa siya.

At least lima na kami.

We just waited for Jasmin and we decided to go to the church. And because we will not sing the Psalm today, I talked to the lector. Then we headed to the choir box.

We still have some few minutes before the mass starts. Ayun, nagkwentuhan pa rin kami… kahit na pa nasa simbahan na kami. ( I guess hindi na talaga ‘to maiaalis sa’min.)

Nang napalingon kami sa may hagdan. Si Eday! Wee!

At anim na kami. :)

Though hindi naman talaga ganun kaganda ang boses ni Adrian, I must say na iba pa rin kapag nandian siya. Mas maayos ang kanta namin. Napansin co lang naman, though it could be just because of random chance.

At ayun, galling pala sa SM ang mokong. Birthday daw nung isang Eagle Scout na kasamahan niya. And he was uber-hyper. Tsk. High na high e.

Before the mass started, kuya Lacson came. Woot! May pianist kami! Galing naman ng tyempo niya, tamang-tama dahil wala si Sir Bau.

The mass started after a while.

Ayus naman ang kanta namin, fortunately.

Customarily, nag-kwek kami after the mass. Lumalakas na rin ang ulan. Dang. Wala acong payong.

Umuwi na si Jayjay. At dahil nga wala acong payong at pareho lang naman kami ng dadaanan nila, nakisukob na ac okay Eday.

I was contented with what happened to my day. Happy, even. If not because of the unnecessary fury that welcomed me home, darkening the happy events.

No comments: