Thursday, June 25, 2009

Meeting

I'm feeling lazy to write every details that happened on my day. So I won't be posting that now. There's nothing special that happened to me this day, anyway. Well, not inside the classroom.

But during our Religion time, as Mr. dela Torre was discussing something about killing, a major sin, Adrian and Ginnique excused Jayson. Adrian looked inside the room, seemingly searching for someone. I smiled at him when he saw me and he excused me as well. Uh?

"Bakit?" I asked him when I went out.

"May meeting mamaya yung mga presidents ng bawat section at club presidents sa room 303." He told me.

I became confused. "Ha? Bakit? President ba aco?" I said the words as if what he just said were absurd things.

"Ano ka ba! Bakit, di ka ba president ng Glee Club?" The guy said as if he wants to beat me to my senses. Now I remembered. President nga pala aco ng Glee Club, idiot. I want to kick my stupid head at that time.

Maybe it was because I never really treat myself as a "high person". I mean, I don't have this mentality na mas "mataas" aco sa ibang member ng choir. I never really get used at the idea of being a president, and acted the same way as I am, well, besides on the time that I need to show my authority.

"Sige, sige." I told Adrian and waved him my usual over-enthusiastic, childish goodbye as I entered the room.

--

One thirty. That the time the meeting is suppose to start. I tried my best to be on time, but came to school at 1:35. I hope the meeting isn't starting yet.

I saw Bedia as I leave my things on the locker area under Keirulf's care. I told him that the meeting would be starting, and he told me he didn't want to go. He needs to attend the meeting because sergeant at arms should be present too, by the way. After some little, almost effortless persuation, he came with me. The "bear-man" wasn't too hard to persuade at all. :)

When we finally reached the rooftop, I saw Remo and the others inside the room. Oh no! The meeting is already starting? But I easily recovered the unresonable, little panic that I felt when Adrian went out of the room and told me to just wait outside. Oh, so the meeting that was currently taking place was the meeting for the presidents and sergeants, not for the club presidents. x)

After some few minutes of waiting, our own meeting started.

So we're having this "unauthorized" club. This is composed of all club presidents. We voted our own officers, though the outcome was kinda preditable.


President: Adrian Espiritu
Vice-President: Jesta Pabillon
Secretary: Angelou Molinyawe
Treasurer: Remo Manikan


We talked about the things we could do to organize the organization we are handling. First, we discussed about the making of the narrative reports for the election day. Ugh. Glee Club's election was held last school year, I we don't have photos and details on what had exactly happened on that day. Good thing I have a blog post about that here on ♥ banat ni nene ;]. (See how useful a keeping a blog can be!)

The nest thing we discussed was about the bulletin board. We need to do the bulletin board for each club as soon as possible. As for us, Glee Club and Drum & Lyre would share the a bulletin, as usual.

The problem with that is, fixing the bulletin board for all clubs will be held on the same day, and a maximum of four officers will be the one to do that. And my VPs for Activities (Remo) and Affairs (Adrian) are handling their own clubs. Remo's the president in Banyuhay Club while Adrian is handling El Numero and SSG. Well, Glee Club is a league of star sections students, lead by a non-star girl. What do you expect from those uber-busy brainiacs?

Then we talked about the shirts each club would be using, as well as the logo. Each club would have a designated color of shirt for distinction. As we had discussed on previous choir meeting, Glee Club would be using the white shirts again, so we would look more "neat" and "immaculate", unlike the pink shirts we used on the past two years.

There are other details that we've talked about. And this should be discussed to the club you're handling. Gaah, this is what I don't like. Like what I've said before, I dislike being an "authority figure" in the choir. But I have no choice, I guess.

The meeting ended at 2:30. I went out the school to buy a t-shirt for CAT and to print my Physics assignment on a computer shop.

No comments: