Saturday, July 4, 2009

First Friday Mass

July 4, 2009; Friday

I was kinda anxious today. This is the first First Friday mass that I am going to attend with the choir (the last time, I was in the oath-taking for the SSG).

Every section lined up in the quadrangle first. I was looking for the third year when I saw the Basil making their way through the crowd. Good, at least I don't need to call them up.

"Punta na lang kayo sa simbahan ah, hahanapin co pa Peter." I instructed them. Remo volunteered to go with me, thankfully. And gaah, after that long way up to the Peter's room, I didn't find anyone in there. Great.

Remo and I just went to the church. Upon reaching the choirbox, I saw the St. Peters. Nako. Nauna pa pala sila sa'min.

I occupied the seat near the stairs. For a second, I felt proud sitting in this area. When I was in first year and second year, this is where the "authorities" sit, while we stay at the far corner. I mean, kahit kasi wala nang available na upuan sa part na ito, talagng dito at dito pa rin aco, as well as the other "older" members, uupo. Kami nila Adrian, Remo, Jayjay. Yung parang "authorities" nga.

Don't get me wrong. I still don't want to be an authority fugure. But still, I could feel an unexplainable happiness because I am the one "governing" the organization that I love. Aco ang may hawak sa club that I served for almost 5 years. The org where my true friends is, the people that I love. And of course, the org which is my instrument is serving Him. :)

Sabi nga nila, liga ng star ang Glee Club. Ilan lang ba kaming non-star sa choir? Lima lang yata. For such a long time, star section student ang namumuno sa organization na ito. Aco lang ang sumira sa "chain". And I feel proud, dahil isang non-star ang namumuno sa liga ng mga star. It may seem petty, but it's a big thing for me. Because they entrust me this organization, they gave me the chance to lead them. I, who is a non-star student.

Of course, this is not between stars and non-stars. This is about my passion for the choir. I never wished or thought of being the Glee Club president, but I'm happy that I am. This is the fruit of my years of service for the choir and for Him, my last year in this org, and I am going to make it memorable. :)

Parang medyo konti lang kami. Si Ayyah, wala. Buti sila Gerard at Tan e nakadating kahit hindi co nasabihan. I though Adrian wouldn't sing with us because he's still not around, so I was kinda surprised when I saw him on the stairs.

"O? Bakit nandito ka? Kakanta ka?" I said almost bluntly.

"Aba bakit, ayaw mo? Sige, bababa na aco." He joked.

"Hindi. Akala co lang naman."

He took a chair from the corner and sat on "this" area. Authorities. :)

Before the mass started, Sir Bautisa arrived. Buti na lang.

I didn't understand a thing on the mass. We're busy chatting with each other (ang bad namin nu?). During the homily, as Adrian and I were talking, napunta kami sa mga pagbabago sa kanya.

Yes, he is changing. Maturing, perhaps. And as he grows up as an individual, he's becoming unreachable. I mean, yes, he's reaching out on us, on me, but the fact that he is a "big" person now and not just the ordinary student I first met is so clear. And I told all of that to him.

"Pero parang ganun pa'rin naman aco ah," he said. I could see his eyes getting misty, as well as mine. I'm really a sensitive person, especially to my friends. "Kung ano naman ang ginagawa co dati, ayun pa rin ang ginagawa co pa rin."

"Oo nga, pero hindi mo naman maiaalis na nagbabago ka na talaga. Parang... ang layo mo na." I told him, then biglang kambyo, "Pero in fairness naman sa'yo, di nalaki yung ulo mo. Humble ka pa rin naman saka lumalapit ka pa rin sa'min kahit.. iba na level mo. Saka maganda naman para sa'yo yung pagbabago mo e. Gaya na lang nang mas nagiging lalaki ka na kahit papano," we both smiled when I mentioned that. "Pero hindi co pa rin maalis na malungkot kasi... nagbabago ka na."

He's changing. As well as my other friends. They're are all maturing, growing up, while I'm still a childish, immature girl--physically and emotionally--someone who dwells in the past, unable to move on because my most precious memories belong to that special chapter of my life.

The mass ended. Ang sama co, nakipagdaldalan lang aco. >:) But thank you, Lord, because You gave me time to be with the my friends. :)

No comments: