Tuesday, July 14, 2009

English Report

The started of my day was... irksome. I had an encounter with a... disgustingly perverted man on my way to school. Grr.. It was totally annoying and disrespectful to me, as a person and as a girl. It was an harassment! That made me scowl for the start of my day.

But I didn't let that encounter ruined my day. Mr. dela Torre checked our Pondo ng Pinoy bottle; I used Mirinda bottle instead of C2 because I texture of Mirinda was better. I wapped it with several layers of tissue paper, then painted it with poster colors.

(Sorry for the low quality of the photos. I used the webcam for these.)


The front of my PnP bottle. The girl wearing the LDSP uniform is holding a globe on her right hand and a cent on her left.


Back. The PnP logo that I painted. (I used Google to search for it! XD)

The use of placard--or now known as Class Pass--was implemented. It is a laminated paper as big as a short bond paper. Each section was given two class pass and no students--excpet those under special conditions, like activtiies--will be allowed to leave the room without a class pass. This was implemented when we were in first year and second year, but was "forgotten" on third year. But I think this one's better: the class passes provided by the school would be taken good care that those provided by each section. And, it will lessen the unnecessary going outside the room during class hours.


Our class pass.

At lunch time, I didn't take a nap so I could finish our powerpoint presentation in English. It was already finished actually, I was just adding something on it. And it is a group reporting. I was the only one who took the iniative to research and do the powerpoint presentation. I asked my groupmates to report it with me, but I would probably be the one to explain it. >_<>battered, abused seatmate) about the lesson, and I didn't notice that I was pointing on the board obviously. It was already late when I realize it because I heard Mr. del Rio's loud, booming voice.

"O, Nobleza, anong sinasabi mo d'yan kay... Loyola?" He asked me in such terrifying voice.

"Roldan po.." My classmates whispered.

"M-May tinatanong lang po aco." I said in a tiny voice.

"O, anong tinatanong mo kay Loyola?"

"Roldan po.." We whispered audibly again.

"O, kay Roldan.."

If I could just see Jette's face, I bet his sweating bullets already. Haha, super napaka-mahiyain pa man din nun, ayaw natatapat sa spotlight. And I bet he would like to strangle my puny neck at that very minute.

So I asked my question to Jette to Sir. And he explained it to me, and to the rest of the class. After explaining it, he said, "Kung may tanong kayo, sa'kin kayo magtanong. Hindi naman aco nakakatakot!!!" He said again in his loud, booming, terrifying voice. So, we shouldn't be afraid of him, huh? Hindi nga nakakatakot.. Haha!

But really, I wasn't afraid of him. I mean, afraid in a negative way. he was a good and great teacher, and he was one of those that I salute and would want to be like.

After Math time, we went to St. Thomas' room for English, because it is one of those room that has built-in projector. I would be the one to "take-charge" of the class, Mrs. Lopena said.

Mendoza was with me to read the presentation. Read, because I would do all the discussing and explaining and everything. Our report was about the Adventures of Odysseus, by the way. I added Greek Mythology, Epic, Homer, and Iliad to our report to lengthen it because we--or more appropriately, I--would be reporting until Friday. Well, maybe it would be just until Wednesday, because we would be watching the moview version of Odyssey (I borrowed Jayson's DVD, but we've already watched that on third year).

So I discussed the presentation. I was able speak in a straight and proper English, thankfully, but I've spoken some Tagalog to be able to explain it properly. I tried to use the chalk, like a real teacher, and ask questions from my classmates. They had cooperated, fortunately, though it wasn't entire quiet because I could still some buzzing noise, especially from those on the back. And the Rufo and the other girls were eating something during my discussion.

Most of them were listening, though there were some who were not. I was tolerant at first, but when the noise grew louder, I became somewhat stern.

I stopped talking. Then with my arms crossed (that was involuntarily, I just realized it when I'm speaking already) and raised brows (I'm really being mataray these past few days), I said:

"Please respect... someone who is talking in front of you. If you don't want to listen..."

I trailed off and paused when I realized it was like Mrs. Lopena's dialogue ("Those who are not interested to listen, you may go out."). I smiled, and my classmates giggled. And the discussion continued.

Abot four slides to go, Mendoza suddenly "vanished". So Mrs. Lopena was the one who clicked for the next. Nakakahiya naman. Later, I learned that Mendoza suddenly get dizzy.

When my report for the day ended, I recieved lots of compliments. Luis even said, "Sana ikaw na lang English teacher namen!". And Mrs. Lopena complimented me too, I think, because she said I did good and told Jayson's group, which would be the next one to report, that she hope they'll do good as me.

Of course I felt flattered and proud. But still, I wasn't that contented with myself. Well, compared to an avarage students, I did well. But if I were compared to a teacher, medyo kulang pa rin. I sometimes stutter, and I also do the "panic-dance" when I can't say the right word. And sometimes, I can't fully explain some things. Well, it was a shotgun report. I just read it but didn't prepared for the explainations beforehand, so on-the-spot ang pag-explain co.

But I'm glad. Recieving those compliments tell that I did well. Maybe I need some practice, and I could really be a teacher. YATTA! The thought was wonderful! =D

No comments: