Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Mama Mary!

Yesterday was Mama Mary's birthday. Happy Birthday Mama Mary!

Last year, in our Religion class, we were asked to make a letter/poem/drawing for Mama Mary's birthday. I decided to make a poem. I got a pretty nice grade because of that (maybe because I am the only one who made a poem in the class. LOL).

But my copy was lost. Too bad. Until last Sunday, I was cleaning the side-drawer of my arm chair where I keep my my paper clutters and pictures and I saw the copy of the poem! Yatta!

Well, here it is. It just did some minor revisions because my I noticed some grammatical errors.

I was walking at the busy street
With my mind confused and my body weak
Until my feet brought me to a building
A special place built for Someone worth worshiping.

I stepped inside, feeling awkward
Seeing those people kneeling, eyes cast upward
Hesitatingly, I knelt like them at the soft cushion
With closed eyes and clasped hands, I fell into deep meditation.

I opened my eyes, and saw a lady with face so immaculate
Mounted on the moon whose light is so great.
She is clad with a beautiful rode as radiant as the sun
With twelve twinkling stars as her crown.

She is hovering near the crucifix
Next to the Man nailed on the cross, looking at His face
I concluded that She was the one called "Mediatrix"
So began telling Her my case.

I told Her about myself, my problems
About my worries, about my struggles
And as I tell Her about my thoughts
My anxieties drifts away as I heard Her sweet voice.

"My child," She said, "Our Father gave us problems to bear
To make us stronger for He truly care."
She smiled heavenly and wiped away my tears
And I felt better for she had cast away my fears.

I asked Her if She could pray for me to God
She smiled sweetly again and gave me a nod
I finished my prayers to Her Son, our Savior
And walked out from the Church with a smile to savor.


Because I am studying in a Catholic school, we celebrate Mama Mary's birthday in school. The celebration is just simple. We didn't prepared a class party, unlike what we do every year. I think almost every fourth year class had a party, except us. DX

There was the living rosary the school does every year. And the balloon-rosary thing. Most of the balloons got tangled on the big acacia tree we had in school, though, and some even went down because of the heavy rain.

We planned to watch a horror DVD again, this time in Kolleen's house. Nag-iinarte na naman si Jette. LOL. Sa kanya pa naman nakasalalay ang lahat because if he won't come, Steni won't come too, and my decision depend on them. :D

Anyway, siguro naman matutuloy kami because Jette was asking about the details. Nag-iinarte na naman lang siguro yun.

Happy birthday again, Mama Mary! Anyway, I think Mama Mary is 2014 years old or something? I'm not quite sure. I didn't heard Bro. Ador clearly when he said it.

No comments: