Sunday, September 20, 2009

Internet-deprived Days and Schoolworks

Great. So internet-deprived days had started again. Monitor cable is being hidden so I can't use the computer even I have something important to do. Take note, it's the monitor cable now, not the internet cord unlike before. Level up! x(

So because I'm being deprived from using the internet, even the computer, I'm gonna squeeze in the things that happened to me in this week in this post.

September 12, Saturday. We had a meeting for our parish's Music Ministry. Because I am the LDSP Glee Club president, I had to attend the meeting. My vice-presidents weren't available on that day so I asked Arbu to come with me instead. It was even Arbu's 15th birthday that that.

We attended the 5:15 mass before the meeting. Since it was the second Saturday of the week, we weren't the choir for the mass. The meeting was supposed to start at 7 o'clock, but we waited for more than an hour because their was some other church org using the parish hall. So the meeting started at past 8pm and ended at past 9, so when I got home, my mother was in the act of going out of the gate, probably to fetch me. Ans she was fuming with anger as soon as we were inside.

She was mad because (1) I came home late, and (2) she called Arsie and she learned the we weren't the choir every second Saturday of the moth and I didn't tell her that. But, hey! I have reasons for that. (1) It wasn't my fault if the meeting started and ended very late, and (2) I didn't feel the need to tell her about that because I hear mass during second Saturdays and went out of the house and went home early. Okay, so maybe reason number two wasn't that acceptable. But even I had reasons, she didn't and won't listen to me anyway, and I got a really awful scolding.

I was waiting for Monday because I honestly don't like weekends. Or maybe more properly said, I don't like being at the house. I just become nervous and gloomy and depressed and annoyed whenever I am in the house because of Mama's unreasonable scoldings. So I like it whenever I am in the school or when there is an activity I have to do during no-classes days. Sounds rebellious, I know. But I love school a lot times better.

So Monday (September 14) was heaven for me. "October" devotion had started and St. Basil was the section that led the rosary that day. It was supposed to start on October, and I don't know why it started this early.

In our English time, Mrs. Lopena asked me to get the names of the participants for the English month in all year levels. Gee I am just the Fourth Year Representative, by the way. Well, the preseident that those joking-around, so-called "members" of the English club voted was... well, non-functional. *rolls eyes* Well, it should have been Ginnique, anyway. So for the teask, I mentally noted myself to ask the other representatives' help.

On Tuesday (September 15), Adrian excused me during our computer subject and I was really clueless. Turned out that it was about our school paper (The Gatekeeper). He was the editor-in-chief--together with Ginnique--and he told me to make a feature article about the new teachers together with Ayyah, a sports artcile probably about Donaire (I already left my former position as the Sports Editor and I am now the Feature Editor, but since it seem that the sports page need some help, I had to do this), and an editorial article if I could make one. Oha! All-around! 8D

It should be passed before Friday, and I was surprised with the rush, until he told me that the presscond would probably be next week or so. It would be a district pressconference this year, not the division pressconference we used to have in the previous years. And this would be harder if that's the situation. DX

Before going home for lunch, I went to the fourth floor in the Extension building to get the payments for the t-shirts from the choir members of St. Peter, and to tell the other representatives about the errand. Labao was the third year representative and I told her that we'll just help each other on getting the participants from the third and fourth year level.

So in my English time, I excused her from her class. We started in the third year level. There was one particular section that was a real jungle. Sheesh.

When we finished in the third year level, moved to the fourth year. It was my turn to speak up and I could remember how Mr. dela Torre and Mr. Liboon's jaws comically (and jokingly) dropped when I spoke in English. Haha. Nosebleed nga daw, sabi ng mga estudyante. 8D

We didn't finish getting the names of the participants because Labao had a quiz.

Wednesday (September 16) was our first examination day. First day of exam was kinda okay, I think. Well, except on the flowcharting part on the computer because we didn't expect that it would also be included.

After the exam, I went to Basil to talk to Ayyah because we would be interviewing the new teachers. The interviews turned out fine. Well, except that I got confused with the names of the teachers that I mistook one from the other. /stupid self. I had to go back to school at 3pm to finish my interviews on them And I only had one left: Ms. Alcantara.

I was late on Thursday (September 17) so the SLTCs got my ID and I had to pay the fine to our class treasurer. T_T My exam on Science was ugh because I forgot to bring my ruler and protractor so I was automatically wrong on the last test. T_T Sayang, vectors and scalars was kinda easy for me pa naman.

The interview with Ms. Alcantara was the only thing we need to complete the article. We went to the newsroom first and Mr. Luna talked to Ayyah about their Odyssey play. We also watched the "The Necklace" mini-movie that the last batch of Justice did for their report in English. And it was kewl.

We finally got to intreview Ms. Alcantara and went home. However, I went back to school again. I had to do my sports article and I couldn't use the computer at house. So I looked for Mr. Luna so I could borrow the newsroom's key from here. I was kinda nervous to ask him pa nga because I know Mr. Luna sort of dislikes me. But he quickly gave the key to me. : )

I was alone in the newsroom when I did my article. I was alone for ablout two hours. There was an eerie silece and the noise only errupted when Remo, Adrian, Ginnique, Galman, and Gilbert entered the room.

I went out for a while to get Bro. Fred's ID to have it scanned. When I got back, I saw Galman in front of the computer. He told me that he accidentally kicked the switch of the AVR so the computer was shut down. I hadn't save my article but it was okay because of the MS Word's autorecover feature. I had resumed my work for quite a while when I remembered something.

"Hala!!" I reacted violently. It was because when I opened the newsroom earlier, the computer was nalready turned on, and Adobe Pagemaker was open. The layout of The Gatekeeper was probably being made by Mr. Luna before I used the computer, and the file seemed to have not been saved yet.

In short, wala na yung file. Wala na yung page layout.

Galman's face cannot be deciphered. He was red all over. We teased him, saying "Hala ka!" Nako, lagot siya kay Sir Luna.

Mr. Luna came back after a while. We were all saying "Lagot ka!" and Galman was red again. And he started to narrate what he had done in a LOL-some English.

"Sir, I did something."

"What?"

"I used the computer... And then, I accidentally kicked the AVR. And then.. the computer shut down..."

"And then?" Mr. Luna asked patiently, his voice was like, 'Anong meron dito at anong keme ng taong ito?'

"And then, I turned it on... And then, I used it again." He said in a as-a-matter-of-fact voice.

"And then...?"

Silence.

I was the one who broke the ice. (Okay Galman, it's my fault. XD) "E Sir, yung file po ng layout yata ng Gatekeeper, na-save na po ba?"

"Hindi pa."

Lagot. "E nawala po nung namatay na yung computer."

Mr. Luna was silent. We shot Galman a teasing look. Tsk.

I continued my work and I could sense Mr. Luna staring on what I was doing. When I glanced at him, parang na-shock ang mukha and he was staring blankly on the monitor screen. Galman was silent too.

Galman said sorry, and Sir Luna told him it was okay. "Okay lang 'yon. Edi kung galit ako sana nagmumumura na ako diyan!" He half-joked. I asked Adrian in a whisper if he thinks Sir Luna was mad or something. "Naghihinayang. Nagawa na kasi yung paunang layout e." He mouthed.

Nung medyo "naka-recover" na si Sir Luna, nagbibiro na siya. "Okay lang 'yon Galman. You know me. Hayaan mo, kapag naggagawa ng Gatekeeper, maaalala kita. 'Ay, si Galman, iyon yung nakabura ng layout.' O kapag ginagamit ko yung computer, iingatan kong 'wag masipa yung AVAR. Tapos kapag makikita ko yung class record ko, sasabihin ko, 'Galman? Sino 'yon? Basil ba 'yon? Ah oo, yung nakabura ng pinaghirapan kong layout!'"

Wala na. Markado na si Galman kay Sir.

Title na lang yung kulang dun sa sports article ko so I let Ginnique use the computer to do the layout. Galman was still quiet, while the rest of us started to tease and chat with each other. Nandon na rin yung mga Juniors and we were teasing Jeje because she types in such a slow manner. When suddenly, Ginnique told us the she accidentally kicked the AVR's switch too.

Back to the top. @_@

Nagbibiruan kami mayamaya. Ang kulit nga ni Sir e. Super tawanan at okrayan kami. Haha!

It feels nice. I mean, having to talk with Mr. Luna. I've already said that he is my 'idol' and I really think he is such an awesome teacher and I honestly want to be like him someday. He is one of my model teachers, actually.

Before, I could really feel Mr. Luna's indifference towards me. He was giving me cold treatment, actually. Sabi kasi ni Eday, ayaw daw ni Sir sa mga madaldal, lalo na at wala namang ibubuga. That's why I wanted him to be my English teacher in my senior year, so I can prove myself to him, so I can show him that what he thinks of me is wrong.

But that day, I got to joke and chat with im. I also notice that he calls me with my name (Nobleza), unlike before that he seemed to avoid referring to me. It seemed that his dislike for me is gone now. Well.. I think? : )

Super okrayan. Pati nga yung mga teachers, pinagkwentuhan namin. Lalo na yung mga matatandang teachers. XD

It was nearly six o'clock when we decided to go home. Actually, we didn't still want to go home, but mr. Luna was pushing us to do so because we still have exams the next day. Napagkwentuhan pa nga ang grades ng Basil. E hindi kasi mataas magbigay ng garde si Sir. You're lucky if you'll get a line of 9 from him. It only means that he thinks you are really good. He also give student works that 'normal' teachers in our school don't give, like the thesis. And super effort on reports, plays, and presentation.

Nung napagkwentuhan ng namain yung mga teachers, sabi ko, sayang at hindi ko naging teacher na gusto kong maging teacher, like Ms. Rellosa and Bro. Ador na kilalang mahihirap maging teacher. Sabi ni Sir, "Naku, you missed a part of your high school life. [...] Admit it, they've became part of your lives."

I agreed. "Kayo din Sir, syanag, hindi ko kayo naging teacher."

He said something that means like I was lucky. Hindi rin, I thought. Aanhin ko ang mataas na grade na binigay ng teacher na halos wala namang naidagdag sa kaalaman ko? Aanhin ko ang exam na madali kung halos wala namana akong natutunan? Kaya nga "naiinggit" ako sa mga handle ni Sir Luna. I didn't even know how to make a thesis pa nga e.

Really, I missed the half of my high school life.

Lumabas na kami ng newsroom. Nasa labas si Sir Liwag na nanlibre ng mais sa mga Juniors. Daya. Di man lang kami dinamay. ;p

Friday (September 18) was the last day of exam. The exams were easy. Well, except for Math. The first part in Math was really a chicken. Sabi ko nga, I might even get a high score on that. But when I got to the last part, I got really confused. And complex kasi ng given e. It was probably a trick question.

I went back to school earlier than the other days. I gave instructions to Argame about the basketball match of LDSP varsity with Perpetual and Liceo de Cabuyao. We were waiting for mr. Luna. When I see Jaymiriz, I asked him if he saw Mr. Luna because I need to use the computer at the newsroom to type Remo's article. He said he had the key so he gave it to me.

Nang umalis na sila Argame, biniro pa nila ako na baka daw may "makasama" ako sa newsroom. I just grinned at them. well, the newsroom was believed to have some beings because it wasn't really open to the students during the former paper adviser's 'reign'. Even staffers rarely get inside before. Ngayaon lang natambayan ito ng mga estudyante. But I didn't entertain the though as I was working alone. Hindi naman kasi malakas ang mga pakiramdam ko sa mga bagay na ganyan and hindi rin ako lapitin ng mga supernaturals, even I would like to see one. I believe that they won't really bother you if you won't scare yourself. Well, the calm ones.

When I finished typing Remo's article, I browsed the other articles. Pinakialaman ko na ring i-edit because yung iba e mali-mali yung grammar and sentence construction. Lalao na yung isang editorial article. alos ni-revise ko na nga e. 8D

Gereard accompanied me during their recess, but went back to his classroom when his last exam was about to start. Bumalik din siya at nag-FS pa. Ayun, biglang pasok ni Sir at nataranta siya. Haha! XD

Ginamit ni Sir yung computer because he would be doing a presentation yata. Ayyah ang REmo arrived later, as well as Marlon. Ibinunyag pa nga ni Remo ang isang nakakahiyang pangyayari sa'min. Actually, kahihiyan ko lang pala yun. Sheda, 3 times na nagyari yun! And they enjoyed themselves laughing so hard as Remo narrate the embarrassiing incidents. Waaah.

Tapos naalala ko na nandun din pala si Sir Luna, so narinig din niya. SHEDA!

Umuwi na rin kami dahil sabi ni Sir e matatagalan din siya sa computer. Niloko ko pa si Remo na sasama ako sa bahay nila. XD

Saturday (September 19). We are the choir for the mass today. I told them to come to school at 2pm, but I reached the school at 2:45p. When I got there, Bart and Gerard were the only ones there. Well, Basil have a practice for Odyssey play and they would probably come at 4pm. What happened to the others. Oh great. x[

Arbu came at 3pm. The others weren't still around. Those three were talking about... erm, obscene things. *rolls eyes*Well, they're boys anyway.

The others came nearly at 4:00. Maaga naman palang natapos yung practice ng Basil, hindi pa pumunta ng maaga.

When Adrian came, he was about to gather everyone for the meeting. Well, we're supposed to hava a meeting today at tanggalin na rin yung mga hindi umaattend. But I stopped him and talked to him at one corner because we hadn't still talked to Sir Bautista about it. Sabi niya, hindi na magtatanggalan, pagsasabihan na lang. Pero kulang-kulang din naman kami, wala pa rin yung mga karamihan ng mga madalas na hindi umaattend. So the meeting was posponed and we practiced instead. Sinita ko pa nga sila Eday dahil naka-shorts at naka-tsinelas, e bawal 'yun.

We went to the church and the mass started early. Si Jas ang tumugtog because Sir wasn't around.

At the homily, Adrian borrowed a notebook para patungan nung papel niya. I gave him my "notes notebook". He began reading it. Tapos, nandun pala yung isa kong sinulat ko for a post in my Wordpress blog. Since my WP blog contains personal things, that note is somewhat private. Well, okay lang sana kung ibang tao ang nakabasa nun, but--though it wasn't mention in the note--Eday was involved with it. I tried grabbing it away from him but his arms were long and mine were short. So ayun, nabasa na niya rin.

"Sus. Parang 'di ko naman nasubaybayan ang buhay mo." He told me, a hint on understanding in his voice. Ewan ko lang kung anong naisipi niya dun sa note na iyon.

Baka wala daw pala siya next Saturday because of TOBS. He was included for the Nationals. Prizes include Php 10, 000, and recognition in school. And it would really be a great honor for him and for the school, as well as for our region. Sabi niya nga, managinip daw ulit ako. Haha I would really be praying for him.

Kaso, baka wala daw siya sa district presscon. E sabi ni Sir Luna, 'pag nakatanggap kami ng mememo, kasama kami sa district. Kapag hindi, derecho kami ng divison. Kaya sana walang kaming makuhang memo! 8D

Sabi ko nga kay Eday, buti muka namang okay na kami ni Sir Luna at nakakausap at nakakabiruan ko na. Before kasi, "galit" daw nga sa'kin yun. E ayaw nga kasi ni Sir yung madadala na wala namang maipagmamalaki.

Eday: E bakit ako, madaldal rin naman?
Me: "E magka-iba naman tayo. E syempre, alam naman niya siguro na marunong ka naman.
Eday: E bakit ikaw, marunong ka naman ah?"
Me: E syempre... siguro 'di niya alam. akala niya puro dada lang ako.
Eday: Pero kung star ka... He trailed off.
Me: Anyway, okay naman na siguro kami ngayon. Kita mo naman nung Thursday, nakakausap at nakakabiruan ko na. Dati 'di man lang ako pinapansin nun.
It feels good, because my friends--especially Eday who is one of my closest friends--thinks of me as smart even I now belong in the non-star. That he considers me as one of them too. Somehow, I feel good. : )

Later on the mass, I saw Ayyah still quiet at the corner. I gave Adrain a puzzled look because Ayyah's still acting weird. He told me it was probably because almost everyone in Basil is kinda mad at her. I didn't have the chance to why because Ayyah was already crying silently after the Communion. I asked her what the problem is, but she won't tell me.

The Basilians weren't asking as I comfort Ayyah. I mean, hindi sila nang-iintriga. And it's something weird. I asked Ablay what had happened and he told me that Ayyah was late for the practice that day and they hadn't done much. And I couldn't comment on that. I know Ayyah was wrong, but still...

Ayyah bid me goodbye. She won't be coming with us at the 7-eleven. Nasita pa nga ako ni Ate Beth (Music Ministry President) about dun sa mga naka-shorts. Pinatago ko nga sila Edya. E sabi ko, pinagsabihan ko naman sila,

We went to 7eleven. Poor nga kami, walang pera. Kaya't slurpee na lang ang binili ang then we talked about the Noli play the Juniors watched that morning. Mas magaling pa nga daw sila Eday last year kaysa dun sa pinanood nila e.

We went home at 7: 35. And I went home happy. : )

***

This week is fool of schoolworks. We're rushing on many things, especially in Gatekeeper.

But I like this kind of pressure. I mean, this is where I am somewhat good at. Even I seem to do the tasks of the president in the Lingua Franca club. I like it. I like being useful. I like being able to help. I like this, because I don't feel unwanted and unappreciated.


Originally done on September 19.

No comments: