Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Nothing Really Matters

No, no. This is not an angsty post. And though this one is days late, I'll still post it now. :)

Though I usually keep a confident attitude, I also get worried about what other people will think about me. I am such an eccentric person, and often misunderstood too. I know people have different opinions about me--positive ones, and probably more negative thoughts.

Though I say that people's opinions don't really matter, of course they somewhat affect me too. In everything I do, I cannot help but think of what other people will say. I may ignore them, but at the back of my mind, what they say will always have an impact on me, no matter how little it may seem.

But when my friends are with me, do they really matter? When the people I love are ready to accept me for who and what I am, are they really important? No. My friends--the people that I value most--they are the real important persons to me.

Their opinion are what really matters to me. What they think of me is what's really important. The world may turn it's back on me., but when I see them smile at me, I would be okay. Other people may think too little of me, but when I know that my friends are ready to accept me, it doesn't really matter. People who pretend to me my "friends" may say bad things about me--on my back or straight to my face--but when I know that the people I cherish really understand me and love me, nothing really matters.

Nothing really matters but them. My friends. Real friends.

I'm glad that you continue to stay with me through and through. I'm glad that you're always there for me. On the surface, I may look okay, but beneath, I was trying to mend myself. And you stayed with me, enduring my tantrums and caprices. You never left me. You help me bring my self-esteem back.

I don't know what I did to deserve people as awesome as you are. Thank you guys!

You may not be able to read this blog entry, but I will make you feel how thankful am I to have friends as good as you are. Thank you. You are all the best!

4 comments:

radioactivesamurai said...

Hmm. I have no idea on what to say because it depends on the friends. I tend to be different when I'm with different people and, well, I have to agree with your post (although I don't feel as strongly). I don't know what separates the line between friends and acquaintances, actually. All I know is that there I people I feel more comfortable with.

*rereads comment*

Labo ko. Haha!

~chibivy ♥ said...

Well, when I say friends, they are the real ones. My close friends. And I know who are my real friends, so-called friends, and acquaintances.

And people just seem to notice my every move. But how other people will think doesn't really matter if the people you love understands you. It is just like this: Aanhin mo ang maraming kaibigan kung iiwan ka naman. Mas mabuti nang konti lang sila pero alam mo namang parati silang nandiyan sa tabi mo.

*scratches head* Parang ang gulo ko din. Inulit ko lang yung sinabi ko sa post ko e. XD

solarhalfbreed said...

The first part is true. You will hear weird comments that are not true and it will affect you. People usually mistake me as someone very ill-natured but I'm not.

You will know who a friend is in times of trouble...kung sino ung mangiiwan o tutulong. It takes a lot of time to find who your true friends are but I think in your situation, you have already identified who your true friends are ^^

Sorry...ang cheesy

~chibivy ♥ said...

@Louise:

Yeah, that's true. I've found and identified the "real" ones during times like these. And I don't care about the others anymore, as long as there are people who are ready to accept me.

Haha. Cheesy nga! XD