Saturday, September 5, 2009

Nicknames

(Copied from my other BS blog because I would be deleting it soon.)

My complete name is Ivy Bernadette Concepcion Nobleza. My mother’s name is Irene and my father’s name is Bernard so perhaps they decided to name me after the first letters on their name.

I was born on eighth day of December 1993, Wednesday at Jose Fabella Hospital. I have lots of connection with religiousness. My birthday is the Feast Day of Immaculate Conception—and my middle name is Concepcion—and I was named after the girl who saw her, St. Bernadette.

I’m contented with my name unlike those who wanted their name to be changed. I think Ivy Bernadette is quite unique name. Well, I like my first (and second) name, but I don’t like my surname that much. I like Concepcion better. If I have my mother’s name instead, it would be Ivy Bernadette Rivera Concepcion. Sounds pretty cool, right? And I would be one of the first ones when we are asked to arrange ourselves alphabetically in school. Plus it will sound nice if ever I get married and have C. as my middle initial rather than N. Parang ang sagwa kasi ng middle initial na N. e. But anyway, it is my name now so I can do nothing about it.

Most people call me Ivy. No one ever called me Bernadette. Oh! I remember one person who called me that—my Math teacher when I was in third grade. But I wish someone would really call me Bernadette. Not that I don’t like Ivy, I just don’t want my other name to be neglected. LOL. Maybe it was because it is mouthful so people call me Ivy instead.

Though I find my names hard to… elaborate. I mean, when we have a project on school where you could put your name on it, Ivy is a very short on and hard to put a design on. While Bernadette is too long. I just use my other names instead.

Oh well, I tried to remember other names—the names some people call me and the names I baptized for myself—and their history. Brace yourself and get ready to memorize them ALL! PWAHAHAHAHA!! XD

* ai-chan - This is the name I prefer to be called online. But unfortunately, few people call me this way; they’ve been used with some other names (like Chibivy). They still recognized me as Ai-chan, anyway.
* ai-vee bhernadethe – I just add some kaartehan with my name and this is the one that turned out. Cool, isn’t?
* Animony (Rose) – This is my very first alias. I used this since I was, what, Grade One, I think. Seriously. I think I got this from the anime Magic Knight. I was so fascinated with this name that I even baptized myself as ‘Animony Rose Delos Santos’ (the surname was just a random one) and even gave some of my friends when we play or give letters to each other a name starting with letter ‘A’. (like Aume, Anaranae, Akiro, Ayasminia, and Azolaida. Very corny.) But I didn’t use this name now, it’s pretty much forgotten. =/
* Aybi - This is actually how people pronounce my name. Like, duh? Can’t they pronounce it as Ai-vi as in violin? Anyway, it’s fine with me.
* Bata - Mr. Dela Vega, my English teacher when I was a sophomore who was the closest teacher to me ever because I am his pet, was the one who called me this. It is because I am so small, and it was also what he called to his friend in college who was almost as small as me. And soon, my classmates in second year call me this way. Some still call me this name until now.
* Bhing – the nickname my mother gave me. Some call me this, too. Nevertheless, this is one of my identification.
* Bi/Bhi – What people call me when they too lazy to say my two-syllable name. =|
* chibivy – Ayyah was the one who baptized me with this name. She combined the word ‘chibi’, which means small in Japanese, to ‘ivy’ so this is the product. She had severely teased me this name—telling people to call me this—and we were chatting in the I:U chatbox when she told Iori this name. Soon, Iori-niichan, called me this name and the other I:U members as well. At first, I kinda have a mild aversion on this name, but people are calling me this way often that I got used to it. I found it cute eventually, so I adapted it and currently, it is my most used identity especially online. It also evolved and gave birth to many names.
* Chibaby – I could remember I send a text GM to Iori and he replied to me with a message like, “Ello, Chibaby!”. When I ask him why he called me that way, he said he’ll call me various names according to his mood and he was in his ‘mood’ to call me this and it is the same with Dearling (the endearment he calls to Ayyah). So he’s calling me Chibaby now, while I call him Honeyori (Honey+Iori).
* Chibibeh – The first name that evolved from Chibaby. Iori is also the one who called me this; he told me because I am small and he imagined me to walk like a duck. Sama. But he doesn’t call me this now. Maybe he already forgot it. x)
* Chibibs – This evolved from Chibibeh. Iori was the one who baptized me with this name, again. And as soon as Ayyah learned about it, she start calling me this, until now (Jeez, they’re partners in giving me names, aren’t they?). So I’m also known as Chibibs.
* danrebette yvia – I just scrambled the letters in my name and this is the one that turned out. 8D
* Ibyang – It was a name that my mother called me when I was young, though I was somewhat forgotten. But once, out of the blue, I mindlessly told this to my third year classmates, telling it had been a typoon (really!) once. It was supposed to be a whisper, but because I have an awfully loud, shrilling, naturally high-pitched voice, the ‘whisper’ was heard by all of my classmates and they started laughing at my nickname. Soon, almost everyone called me this until now.
* ibconobleza – This is my oh-so-plain signature.
* Iolanthe – This is my registered name in I:U (well, I asked Ayyah to changed my name from poison ivy to this one). For the history, see the next nickname.
* Iolanthe Choiseul – My vampire name.=D I found this cool vampire name generator in the net and tried out my name. The name ‘Ivy Nobleza’ turned out as Claudia Tussand. I didn’t like it so I experimented on my other name, trying out Bernadette Rivera (my mother’s middle name before she was married) and this turned out. This is one of my identification in the net and in personal.
* Iolanthe Vigée-Lebrun – I also used vampire name generator for this. Don’t ask what surname I used. XD It’s cooler than Iolanthe Choiseul, so it’s the one that use more frequently.
* Ivylog – As far as I can remember, it was Remo who called me this when we were in first year. People like adding words to my name like ‘Ivy-ngi’ and ‘Ivy-tin’ or something like that but this is the one that really lasted for a long time. Until now, some people call me this randomly.
* kawaii_shojo25 – It’s the one that I use in my e-mail adds. I discovered that ‘kawaii’ is a Japanese name for cute and ‘shojo’ means young girl when I was in sixth-grade (all thanks to Ayyah’s Japanese-English dictionary) and I use this since then.
* Kawaii Shojo Sakuraha – A more name-like name. I’ve always been fascinated to sakura trees so I used ‘Sakuraha’. I also used this name for a chief character in one of my story.
* Miyuki Kanzaki – One of my formal pen names. I’ve been using this name for a long time now. I used this name for one of my story, too.
* magical dreamer – I used this as a screen name in our LAN chat when I was in first because I frequently dream of things that eventually happen in reality. Unfortunately, I learned too soon that it was me because she knows about my dreams. Dang.
* Maple Tree – Ayyah is the only one who called me this name. When I asked het why she calls me this, she simply says it’s because I am small (though I doubt there’s some meaning with this name *shoots daggers to Ayyah*). Well, she was depressed when she called me this—I think. I am her maple tree, and she’s my pine tree. Though this name is pretty forgotten because she seems to enjoy calling me other names. X)
* Mommy – What my little sister calls me. People were always surprise whenever my sister call me this way and I could actually assume they think I have a seven-year-old daughter! Haha! XD
* momo iro yuki – ‘pink’ and ‘snow’ in Japanese which came from my other pen name, pinksnow.
* momo iro yume – Means ‘pink’ and ‘dream’.
* momo-chan – It evolved from ‘momo iro yuki’ and ‘momo iro yume’ and I use this until now.
* Ne – Short for ‘Nene’. See Nene.
* Nene – It was those boys in my sophomore year who gave me this nickname. And we weren’t even close when they baptized me with this. It was because I am a little girl. Almost everyone in my sophomore class called me this and it has been one of my identification.
* Nobleza – What some of the teachers and some acquaintances call me, though most of them are calling me Ivy and I prefer that. But, duh? It’s too formal. I often glower to people who call me this especially those that I known for years.
* pinksnow – One of my first pen names. I used this name when I was submitting my lovesick poems in our school paper.
* poison ivy – One of my frequently used name. This is from the poisonous Ivy plant and not from the movie Batman.
* poison ivy™ - See poison ivy.
* Vi/Vhi – Another nickname when people are feeling lazy.

See? I have awfully LOTS of name. Some of them were from my classmates, but it’s Ayyah that I should really blame more!!! She is the one who contribute a LOT in my pile of names. XD Oh Ayyah, the name creator.

Though I didn’t really mind it when they baptized me with new ones. I already have piles of name to identity ‘Ivy’ and I am certain a hell lot more will come.

(I am just starting to explain the things in the post ‘She Is Ivy’ and look how long this is. It just the names, uh? I still have a long way to go. XD )

2 comments:

Ariane.ü said...

Wow. Dameee. X)

~chibivy ♥ said...

Yeah. LOL. XD

This was posted in my other BS blog but I would be deleting it so I posted it here so I would have a copy. :)